Technological Advantages of Dimensional Electrochemical Machining with SFE Machines in Comparison with Other Methods
SFE-4000М, SFE-5000М, SFE-8000М electrochemical machines operate applying the technology of dimensional electrochemical pulse processing, related to electrophysical and electrochemical methods of metal processing.
This electrochemical machining technology (ECM) has technological advantages in comparison with the following traditional methods of manufacturing die tooling, finished dies, matrices, punches:
- the most wide-spread as of today thermal physic method of shaping is electroerosion (or electrospark) processing with erosion machines, electrospark machines and electroerosion copying and broaching machines;
laser processing, laser cutting method;
- using milling and engraving machines;
- using multiaxis high-speed machining centers;
- mechanical processing.
Technological Advantages of Electrochemical Machining
Tool Electrode for SFE Electrochemical Machine
A tool electrode for SFE electrochemical machine may be replaced by:
- An article sample, soldered with soft solders to the electrode.
- An electrode, specially designed and made from a conducting material with a traditional method (galvanoplastics, milling and engraving machine, laser cutting, engraving and other manufacturing methods);
Later the tool electrode for the manufacturing of which the work cycle time was spent will be used only once for production of a large (practically unlimited by number) lot of working tools (die tooling, matrices, marks, press molding inserts) or finished articles;
With the finished tool electrode it is also possible to restore a worn working die to the necessary size for the minimum time.
Tool electrode is made from metals easily processed with mechanical method (as usual copper, brass, bronze, untempered types of steel). Though tool electrode does not depend on such characteristics as hardness and strength, they may be significantly lower than the ones of a processed workpiece material.